Last night I had some friends around for dinner the other night (you know, the ususal gang) and I mentioned this blog, in passing. Then this morning Con El came by and left a comment, which prompted me to try and start his thing back up.
At dinner we discussed the various pros and cons of a prolific super hero having a public blog. So first of here is a list of a few of the things we came up with.
Some of the pros:
- Relieves boredom of super-powered lifestyle
- Shows public the human side of super-power-enabling-yet-monstrous mutation
- Enables you to vent about city's woeful police force
- Fans feel significant by being able to leave comments
- Able to start campaign for Salma Hayek to be new Catwoman
- Chicks dig bloggers
- Bat-computer not really the best place for funny kitten videos
Some of the cons:
- Mystique of heroism begins to rub off when you post about bad hair day
- Discover that Jed1_Kn1ght2004 thinks Wolverine could "totally take you"
- Supervillans hitting you with spam comments
- Always having to explain what a blog is to friends/foes
- Moblogging does not work in outer space
- Always was torn about whether to wear mask while posting